Federal Criminal Motion to Vacate Judgment and Sentence
Russell J. Schoenauer v. United States, U.S. Dist. Ct. S.D. Iowa.
- Represented accountant in post-conviction proceeding, alleging that prosecutors concealed key exculpatory evidence absolving client of money laundering charge.
- Court agreed and granted motion, vacating conviction and dismissing indictment.
Nationwide 419/412(i) Professional Liability Cases
John B. Phillips, et al. v. Indianapolis Life Insurance Co., U.S. Dist. Ct. S.D. Ind.
Claude Young, et al. v. Millennium Multiple Employer WBP, Dallas County, Tx.
Arch Specialty Insurance Co. v. David H. Cline, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. W.D. Tenn.
(2006 – present)
- Represented agents and financial counselors in tax shelter litigation filed by investors in jurisdictions across the country. Worked closely with counsel for Aviva in defending professional liability claims alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- Evaluated and litigated scope and extent of errors and omissions coverage for clients. Obtained favorable settlements with investor plaintiffs and achieved dispositions by summary judgment.
Employee Discrimination/Whistleblower Case
- Represented employee witness who was terminated after reporting safety violations by company which had experienced three deaths on worksites over a nine-month period.
- Obtained favorable settlement for employee plaintiff at trial during jury selection.